This policy (together with our Website Use Policy and any other documents referred to on it), is to inform you about the types of personal information we gather about you, how we may use that information, how we store that information, whether we disclose it to anyone, how we destroy that information and the choices you have regarding our use of, and your ability to correct the information. This policy details how novatedconnect™ manages your personal information, sets out some of your privacy rights in relation to personal information, and advises how you can contact us with privacy queries.
Personal information is information, or an opinion, that identifies you, or from which your identity could be ascertained, such as your business name, your trading entity name, a user full name (first and last name), any details in relation to an inquirer that may be captured, your e-mail address and your postal address.
We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.novatedconnect.com.au (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our services, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for personal information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file that is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Personal information is stored electronically, on paper, or both. We have physical, electronic and procedural safeguards for personal information and take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is protected. Data stored electronically is protected by both internal and external firewalls, and access to electronic records is limited by security levels and passwords. Only our staffs with the appropriate password have access to all information on the system and files can be designated read-only or no access.
Your personal information is stored within secure premises. Externally, the premises have several barriers to unauthorized entry including secured entry and monitored alarms. Internally, steps are taken to ensure access to personal information is limited, including filing in a locked cabinet within a secured office.
We will use secure methods to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information when it is no longer needed. We will retain personal information while it is required for any of our functions, or for any other lawful purpose.
Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We use personal information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To ensure transmission of the services by anyone who acquires the business of novatedconnect™ from us.
We do not give information about you to other organisations or anyone else unless one of the following applies:
- you have consented;
- you'd expect us to or we have told you we will; or
- it is required or authorised by law.
You consent to our use of your personal information, or permit selected third parties to use your personal information, to provide you with information about goods and services that may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone. You can also opt out of receiving this information at any time by notifying us.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (e.g. that 300 women under 25 clicked on their advertisement on a given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal information we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our associated companies.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case you consent for us to disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets but only to the extent necessary and we will de-identify your information if possible.
- If Mountsville Pty Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets. You will be notified if your personal information is being acquired.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply any Terms and Conditions or Policy herein and/or other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Mountsville Pty Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your personal information) if we intend to use your personal information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your personal information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Mountsville Pty Ltd
484 Albany Highway, Victoria Park WA 6100
Telephone: (08) 9470 4857